Wow this was a surprise, I’ve just been reminded that I as given the Sunshine Award in May last year but I didn’t do anything about it! All I can say is that I was still new to blog awards at the time and didn’t realize that being nominated for it was the same as being awarded it. Silly me! However in a way it’s not so bad as in the time that’s passed I’ve found a lot of interesting blogs and bloggers and now have a number of blogs that make me smile when checking their new posts 🙂
My nominator was the awesome, quirky and cheerful Mags at Modgam.com – her blog is full of colourful and interesting items and events. The original nomination was from her old blog: HERE
The instructions for the Sunshine Award are as follows:
° Include the Award’s logo in a post on your blog
° Answer 10 questions about yourself
° Nominate 10 other bloggers
° Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs letting them know they have been nominated
° Share the love and link the person who nominated you ( see above ! )
Thanks so much Mag and I’m finally passing it on!
1. My favorite color : Gold
2. My favorite animal : Parrots! Gorgeous, intelligent, devoted for life and for creatures that don’t really have movable facial features they have such a marvelous array of expressions! Eyes being the window to the soul? Seriously, parrots have the most expressive eyes I’ve ever seen on a species in general. I particularly love the facial expressions on conures, they always look cheeky, cute and as if they’re upto something yet so innocent at same the time “I know something you don’t know” or “I’m not telling” seems to norm but every emotion is displayed beautifully. They also have perfect hair and by that I mean if even one feather gets out of place it looks like a whole new ‘do’/’look’ and it looks so effortless “Hairdresser? What’s a hairdresser? I’m naturally perfect” (even though they preen a heck of a lot), from chic to punky they pull it all off with finesse. I appreciate the delicate and thoughtful way they eat e.g. all the empty seeds end up outside the fried food bowl, grapes are peeled etc and they’re just generally adorable. My first one is known as the ‘quiet intellectual’ i.e. after mum, he and I watched a child psychology documentary one night the next day he started using the techniques outlined in the program that children use to get attention and get their way… He never exhibited those behaviours before. My second one is the ‘aggressive philosopher’ because he argues/debates a lot and the more into it he gets the more he uses his whole body to express his point of view. They’re both completely individual yet socially responsible, charming and my bff’s (I have never used that term before but it applies here). Live together, shower together (some parrots are rather fond of warm – not hot – steam and there are perches to stick on tiles as they like to watch or partake in beauty/grooming rituals), rest together and eat together as we’re all vegan! When I say eat together I mean share mostly the same foods (they don’t have saliva and mustn’t get any of it in them). Note – I don’t agree with the pet trade/breeding industry and don’t buy animals.
3. My favorite number : I don’t have one, wouldn’t mind 13 😉
4. My favorite drink : The big mug of hot coconut milk with pure bright White creamy froth, sweetened with date syrup I’m drinking right now. Then there’s a treat made of mango sorbet and carbonated water – hits the spot.
5. Facebook or twitter : I don’t have a fb account so it has to be Twitter (the bird theme helps) though I mainly use it for comping, still hoping for a win!
6. My passion : Ethics, Archaeology, History, Exploring.
7. Prefer giving or getting presents : Giving, I’m always thinking of things to make/get for others, even people I don’t like.
8. My favourite pattern : Curls and Swirls definitely.
9. My favorite day of the week : Sunday, to me it signifies a lie-in snuggled by feathery people.
10. My favorite flower (or plant) : I like almost all flowers but passion flowers (pasiflora) are my favourite as I prefer ‘weird’ and interesting flowers. There was one that grew up and around my bedroom window one, it turned into a bush and covered half of the window eventually with parts coming in and getting stuck it was the only window in the building that was surrounded and looked like something out of a fairy tail.
I don’t have any pics of me prepared for this post but here’s a fitting song that’s an oldie but a goodie 🙂
I would like to share the sunshine with these favourite bloggers (in no particular order) and I hope you will take time to checkout their awesome blogs. I apologize to any that have already received it and I wouldn’t be surprised if they had!
Chicly Cute – http://chiclycute.com/
Vegan Nail Art, Baby – http://vegannailartbaby.com/
Lymie eating coconut – http://lymieeatingcoconut.wordpress.com/
Garden of Good Eatin’ – http://gardenofgoodeatin.wordpress.com/
Violet’s Veg*n Comics – http://violetsvegnecomics.com/
fat2plant – http://fat2plant.wordpress.com/
Karmic Vintage – http://karmicvintage.wordpress.com/
Manhattan Image and Style – http://manhattanimageandstyle.com/
The Geek Chick – http://thegeekchickblog.wordpress.com/